5 July 2022
Is taking part in a clinical trial something you have considered? Finding information on how clinical trials are run and weighing up whether certain trials would be suitable for you can be time-consuming.
This is why we’re inviting you to join our webinar on Tuesday 5th July at 3:30pm where we explain in detail how clinical trials are run and highlight elements you should consider before signing up to take part in a clinical trial.
What questions and advice will be covered?
In this webinar, we aim answer the following questions:
- Why are clinical trials important in medicine?
- How important are trials when weighing up your treatment options and preferences?
- Are there any risks of being involved in a clinical trial?
- Who regulates clinical trials?
- What regulations are in place to make sure that the drug is safe before it reaches a clinical trial?
- What are the benefits of being involved in a clinical trial?
- Where can I find out more about available trials?
We will be joined by:
- Professor Francesco Forconi – Professor of Haematology, Honorary Consultant Haematologist, University of Southampton NHS Trust
Eleanor Pearce – Senior Clinical Research Nurse, Haematology & Transplant Unit, The Christie NHS Foundation Trust
Emma Williams, Research Nurse Manager, University Hospital of Wales
Jackie Martin – Patient Advocate
Sophie Wheldon – Patient Advocate
When: Tuesday 5th July, 3:30pm
Where: Online via Zoom and Facebook Live
Who: Leukaemia Care and a specialist panel
Registration fee: Free
How do I join the webinar?
The webinar is being hosted on Zoom and Facebook, meaning you can choose a platform to suit you. Zoom is the best place to ask questions, but if you join via Facebook we will try and get all the questions sent over to our panel; however, please expect a delay.
Information on how to join via Zoom or Facebook is below.
Watch via Zoom
To join via Zoom, all you need to do is register your attendance before the webinar starts. You will then receive an email inviting you to join the webinar on the day.
Watch via Facebook
To join via Facebook, all you need is a Facebook account. Once logged in head to Leukaemia Care’s Facebook page at 3:30pm on 5th July and find the live video (it will be at the top of our feed).
Book your place via Zoom here.
Join on Facebook on the day here.
Please note, we will not be able to give individual medical advice. You will be directed to your own clinical team if we cannot answer your question in the webinar.
Due to the large amount of registrants, we cannot guarantee that everyone’s questions will be answered, but we will try and do our best in the time frame that we have.
If you have any issues registering via Zoom or issues on the day, please get in touch by emailing email@example.com.