17 December 2021
This webinar will focus on how chronic lymphocytic leukaemia (CLL) patients can get the most out of their medical appointments, regardless of purpose, format and at whatever stage in their treatment.
During the webinar the panel will be looking to address the following areas:
- Explore the appointment process, purpose and types of appointment and the current landscape for delivering CLL medical appointments in the UK
- Empower and encourage patients to use appointments to allay concerns they may have
- To reiterate key reasons for talking to the healthcare team (such as symptom occurrence, treatment side effects, fear of relapse etc.)
- Share experiences of the pros and cons of in-person and remote appointments with the panel of healthcare professionals and patients
- Share hints and tips to get the best from appointments, (empowerment, how to be clear, assertive, how to plan for appointments, and ensure support before, during and after)
We will be joined by:
- Dr Dima El-Sharkawai, Consultant Haematologist at the Royal Marsden
Date: Friday 17th December
Topic: Making the best of your CLL medical appointments
Host: Leukaemia Care
How do I join the webinar?
The webinar is being hosted on Zoom and Facebook, meaning you can choose a platform to suit you. Zoom is the best place to ask questions, but if you join via Facebook we will try and get all the questions sent over to our panel; however, please expect a delay.
Information on how to join via Zoom or Facebook is below.
Watch via Zoom
To join via Zoom, all you need to do is register your attendance before the webinar starts. You will then receive an email inviting you to join the webinar on the day.
Watch via Facebook
To join via Facebook, all you need is a Facebook account. Once logged in head to Leukaemia Care’s Facebook page at 3:30pm on 17th December and find the live video (it will be at the top of our feed).
Book your place via Zoom here.
Join on Facebook on the day here.
Please note, we will not be able to give individual medical advice. You will be directed to your own clinical team if we cannot answer your question in the webinar.
Due to the large amount of registrants, we cannot guarantee that everyone’s questions will be answered, but we will try and do our best in the time frame that we have.
If you have any issues registering via Zoom or issues on the day, please get in touch by emailing email@example.com.