3 November 2021
This webinar will focus on how CML patients can get the most out of their medical appointments, regardless of format and at whatever stage you are at in your journey.
The aims of the webinar are to:
- To explore the appointment process, purpose and types of appointment and the current landscape for delivering CML medical appointments in the UK
- Empower and encourage you to access your appointments and allay any concerns you may have
- To reiterate key reasons for talking to your healthcare team (such as symptom occurrence, treatment side effects, fear of relapse etc)
- Share experiences of the pros and cons of in-person and remote appointments with the panel of healthcare professionals and patients
- Share hints and tips for getting the best from any appointment, including:
– How to be clear, assertive and empowered
– How to plan for your appointments, and ensure you have support before, during and after
We will be Joined by:
- Professor Stephen O’Brien, Honorary Consultant Haematologist, Northern Centre for Cancer Care, Freeman Hospital and Professor of Haematology Newcastle University Centre for Cancer, Translational and Clinical Research Institute
- Joanna Large, CNS for PNH, CML and MPN, Advanced Level Nurse Practitioner, King’s College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
Date: Wednesday 3rd November
Topic: Making best of your CML medical appointments
Host: Leukaemia Care
How do I join the webinar?
The webinar is being hosted on Zoom and Facebook, meaning you can choose a platform to suit you. Zoom is the best place to ask questions, but if you join via Facebook we will try and get all the questions sent over to our panel; however, please expect a delay.
Information on how to join via Zoom or Facebook is below.
Watch via Zoom
To join via Zoom, all you need to do is register your attendance before the webinar starts. You will then receive an email inviting you to join the webinar on the day.
Watch via Facebook
To join via Facebook, all you need is a Facebook account. Once logged in head to Leukaemia Care’s Facebook page at 3:30pm on 3rd November and find the live video (it will be at the top of our feed).
Book your place via Zoom here.
Join on Facebook on the day here.
Please note, we will not be able to give individual medical advice. You will be directed to your own clinical team if we cannot answer your question in the webinar.
Due to the large amount of registrants, we cannot guarantee that everyone’s questions will be answered, but we will try and do our best in the time frame that we have.
If you have any issues registering via Zoom or issues on the day, please get in touch by emailing email@example.com.