24 June 2022
Join us as we discuss coping methods for newly diagnosed and post-diagnosis leukaemia patients
Meet with haematology clinical practitioner and cancer counsellor along with leukaemia patients as they talk about the emotional impact a leukaemia diagnosis can have and discuss coping strategies for newly diagnosed and post-diagnosis patients.
What questions and advice will be covered?
- What can my family and I do to help manage the emotional challenges we are experiencing?
- What clinical care and support is available to us?
- Are there tips and coping strategies that may help us through the shock of diagnosis and support us in the future?
We will be joined by:
- Kirsty Crozier, Haematology Advanced Clinical Practitioner, Great Western Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Jasmine Hebden, Specialist Cancer Counsellor and CNS, Great Western Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Samantha Slaney – Patient Advocate
- Sophie Wheldon – Patient Advocate
When: Friday 24th June, 3:30pm
Where: Online via Zoom and Facebook Live
Who: Leukaemia Care and guest panel
Registration fee: Free
Who should join: Anyone who is newly diagnosed and post-diagnosis, and your loved ones.
How do I join the webinar?
The webinar is being hosted on Zoom and Facebook, meaning you can choose a platform to suit you. Zoom is the best place to ask questions, but if you join via Facebook we will try and get all the questions sent over to our panel; however, please expect a delay.
Information on how to join via Zoom or Facebook is below.
Watch via Zoom
To join via Zoom, all you need to do is register your attendance before the webinar starts. You will then receive an email inviting you to join the webinar on the day.
Watch via Facebook
To join via Facebook, all you need is a Facebook account. Once logged in head to Leukaemia Care’s Facebook page at 3:30pm on 24th June and find the live video (it will be at the top of our feed).
Book your place via Zoom here.
Join on Facebook on the day here.
Please note, we will not be able to give individual medical advice. You will be directed to your own clinical team if we cannot answer your question in the webinar.
Due to the large amount of registrants, we cannot guarantee that everyone’s questions will be answered, but we will try and do our best in the time frame that we have.
If you have any issues registering via Zoom or issues on the day, please get in touch by emailing email@example.com.