A diagnosis of blood cancer and treatment can impact many aspects of your life, not just your physical health, and it can be impossible to know where to start. Our Welfare Officer is here to direct you to the best source of help for many issues, including:
- Maximising your income to make sure you can pay your mortgage, rent or bills as your circumstances change, including budgeting support.
- Help you to set up payment plans and speak to creditors so you don’t have to.
- Understanding other sources of financial support available, such as state benefits or charitable grants.
- Advise you on your benefit entitlement, support you through a benefit application and discuss any issues that come up as you go through the claims process or if your circumstances change.
- Support you if you are going through a benefits tribunal or appealing a decision.
- Filling out blue badge applications
- Provide advice and assistance if you are concerned about your housing situation and your health, or if you at risk of homelessness.
- Help you make an application for housing
- Help you understand your rights at work following a diagnosis
- Advocating the changes you might need in order to work
- Helping you explore options to return to work
- Signposting you to organisation who are experts in employment issues
The Welfare officer will be able to explore your options to help you progress the issue or arrive at a resolution. This will involve:
- Practical and emotional support
- Providing information on a topic
- Advocating for you during discussions or negotiations
- Problem solving
- Signposting or referring you to other specialist advice information.
For support on any of the above issues, the best way to contact us is to complete our online form below, Welfare service form. A member of the team will get back to you as soon as possible; please give as much detail as possible in the form to enable us to help you as quickly as possible.
Welfare service form
You can also contact a member of the Welfare team directly by emailing email@example.com.