Facebook fundraising is a great way to support a charity close to your heart. ❤️
It is a nice and easy way for you to ask your friends on Facebook for a donation instead of receiving a present. Whether it’s a milestone birthday, like 30, 60 or 29 (for the second time), donations in lieu of presents, are a great way to help support those affected by a blood cancer diagnosis.
Here’s why you should support us:
We are dedicated to ensuring that anyone affected by blood cancer receives the right information, advice and support. Around 34,000 people are affected by blood cancer each year in the UK and we’re here to support them through their diagnosis, treatment and beyond.
On average a birthday fundraiser raises £120 for Leukaemia Care. This type of support will help us to offer additional training to GPs, so that they know the signs and symptoms of leukaemia, meaning a patient could be diagnosed sooner. Early diagnosis saves lives.
🎉 Setting up your birthday fundraiser on Facebook is easy. All you have to do is follow these steps:
- Head to facebook.com/fund/LeukaemiaCare/ (make sure you are logged in, if you’re not, don’t worry Facebook will ask you to log in)
- Set a fundraising goal and end date for when you want your fundraiser to end.
- Give your fundraiser a title, and describe why you’re fundraising for LC
- Select an eye-catching photo to draw people to your fundraiser
- And you’re done! All you have to do is to share your page with friends and family and get them to donate.
We receive 100% of the donations, and Facebook does not take any cut from the donations that you raise. All your fundraising will go towards supporting blood cancer patients and their families.