Here, we’ve put together steps to creating your own giving page on four major websites plus raising money on Facebook.
There are four websites you can choose from to create your online giving page. We recommend Everyday Hero, as it’s a cheaper alternative to other sites, but it’s best to choose the website you feel the most comfortable with.
So, read on to find out how to set up online giving pages on Everyday Hero, JustGiving, Virgin Money Giving and BT MyDonate.
Setting up an Everyday Hero page
- Go to everydayhero.com/uk/.
- Search for ‘Leukaemia Care’ and select us.
- Click ‘Start Fundraising’ on the Leukaemia Care page.
- Fill in your details and set your target.
- Select the “Edit this Supporter Page” function and personalise your page!
Setting up a JustGiving page
- Head to justgiving.com.
- Click ‘Start fundraising’.
- On the ‘I’m raising money for’ page, click ‘start fundraising’ in the charity section.
- If you already have a JustGiving account, enter your details, or click ‘sign up’ at the bottom of the box to create your account.
- When asked ‘Are you fundraising for a registered charity?’, select ‘Yes, continue’.
- Search for Leukaemia Care.
- Choose whether you’re taking part in an event, celebrating an occasion, fundraising in memory or doing your own thing.
- If you can’t see your event listed, select ‘Add your own’ at the bottom of the page and describe a bit more about your activity.
- Choose your web address – this is the link you’ll be sharing with friends and family when asking them to donate.
- Tick ‘Yes’ if you’re running a bake sale, or selling tickets to an event, raffle or auction. Donations to your Page won’t be eligible for Gift Aid.
- Click ‘Create your page’.
- Job done! Your Fundraising Page is now set up and ready to accept donations.
Setting up a Virgin Money Giving page
- Go to https://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/giving/.
- Click ‘Start Fundraising’ at the top of the page.
- Select the type of event or challenge you’re taking part in.
- Specify your event or challenge and fill in the required details.
- Choose Leukaemia Care as your charity and set your target.
- Register your details.
- Create a web address for your page. The address will be the same for every event you take part in, so it’s best to avoid one that’s related to a specific event or date.
- Customise your page with more information, photos and links by clicking the ‘create my page’ button.
Setting up a BT MyDonate page
- Head to https://www.btplc.com/mydonate.
- Click ‘Login’ if you already have an account, or click ‘Register’ to create your account.
- Once you’re logged in or signed up, select the ‘Start fundraising’ tab.
- Choose whether to join an organised event, such as the London Marathon, set up your own challenge, or fundraise for someone special.
- If you’re taking part in an organised event, search for your event or Leukaemia Care in the search box.
- If you’re organising your own event, select Leukaemia Care as your chosen charity.
- Set up your page by describing your event and why you’re fundraising, as well as specifying details on gift aid, offline donations, and more.
- Click on ‘create my page’ or ‘publish’ to make your page live.
Fundraising through your Facebook Page
Setting up your Facebook fundraising page is easy. All you have to do is follow these steps:
- Head to www.facebook.com/fundraisers
- Click on ‘Raise money’
- Select ‘Charity’ and search for ‘Leukaemia Care’
- Set a fundraising goal and end date for the fundraiser
- Give your fundraiser a title, such as ‘Sponsored head shave’, and describe why you’re fundraising for LC
- Select an eye-catching photo to draw people to your fundraiser
- And you’re done! All you have to do is to share your page with friends and family.