- All bookings are done online at leukaemiacare.org.uk
- To secure a place in any of our events, you must pay a non-refundable and non-transferable booking fee (inc. VAT) payable at the point of booking. The booking fee is refundable only if the event is cancelled by Leukaemia Care. The registration fee will not be refunded if you withdraw for any other reason.
- By signing up you commit to reaching the fundraising goal set for the event, and inform Leukaemia Care if you think you will not be able to achieve this.
- You must have raised 70% of the fundraising goal (excluding gift aid) set out by Leukaemia Care by the event entry closing date. If you do not reach this, Leukaemia Care may withdraw your place if, at any time, in its absolute discretion, if it considers that you are not committed to raising this sponsorship amount.
- For the London Marathon, please see separate terms and conditions.
- You will abide by the terms and conditions set out by the event organisers and their conditions of entry. To obtain these, you can contact the organiser directly, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- You will try to reach your full fundraising goal amount and send any monies to Leukaemia Care within six weeks of completing the event.
- If you do not take part in the event, any sponsorship money raised will be treated as a donation unless your sponsors contact Leukaemia Care directly for a refund.
- You understand that Gift Aid is not included in your fundraising goal but that money raised from Gift Aid is a valuable bonus for Leukaemia Care and contributes to event costs and commission charged by online giving platforms.
- You will confirm that, to the best of your knowledge, your general state of health and fitness is good and you take full responsibility for your training. You take part in this event at your own risk.
- You confirm that you will be the minimum age required to take part in the event. For more information on specific ages for events please email email@example.com
- You give your permission for Leukaemia Care to use any photographs/videos taken of you at this event, to raise awareness and/or money for its work to support those affected by a blood cancer.
- You agree that Leukaemia Care may share your details with the event organiser.
- For events where you have received one of Leukaemia Care’s charity places you understand that your registration fee is non-refundable and includes VAT.
- You agree to Leukaemia Care storing the information that you provided on their database.
- By signing up to an event with Leukaemia Care you agree to receiving further communications from Leukaemia Care until you manually unsubscribe from our mailing lists.
In fundraising for Leukaemia Care you agree to:
- Not to reproduce Leukaemia Care’s name or logo without permission from the Communications Team firstname.lastname@example.org
- Not to collect in a public place without first obtaining the appropriate license from the council
- Not to raise funds by carrying out house-to-house collections.
- Not to do anything to bring Leukaemia Care’s name into disrepute.
- To keep Leukaemia Care informed of any changes to your contact details.
- Raise all money using legal methods and complying with the advice given in the fundraising pack.
- All funds raised for Leukaemia Care through the event will be made payable to Leukaemia Care.
In return, we promise to:
This promise outlines the commitment made to donors and the public by fundraising organisations which register with the Fundraising Regulator. Those who register with the regulator agree to ensure their fundraising is legal, open, honest and respectful.
The standards for fundraising are set out in the Code of Fundraising Practice.
Commit to high standards
- We will adhere to the Code of Fundraising Practice.
- We will monitor fundraisers, volunteers and third parties working with us to raise funds, to ensure that they comply with the Code of Fundraising Practice and with this Promise.
- We will comply with the law as it applies to charities and fundraising.
- We will display the Fundraising Regulator badge on our fundraising material to show we are committed to good practice.
Be clear, honest & open
- We will tell the truth and we will not exaggerate.
- We will do what we say we are going to do with donations we
- We will be clear about who we are and what we do.
- We will give a clear explanation of how you can make a gift and change a regular donation.
- Where we ask a third party to fundraise on our behalf, we will make
this relationship and the financial arrangement transparent.
- We will be able to explain our fundraising costs and show how they
are in the best interests of our cause if challenged.
- We will ensure our complaints process is clear and easily accessible.
- We will provide clear and evidence based reasons for our decisions on complaints.
- We will respect your rights and privacy.
- We will not put undue pressure on you to make a gift. If you do not want to give or wish to cease giving, we will respect your decision.
- We will have a procedure for dealing with people in vulnerable circumstances and it will be available on request.
- Where the law requires, we will get your consent before we contact you to fundraise.
- If you tell us that you don’t want us to contact you in a particular way we will not do so. We will work with the Telephone, Mail and Fundraising Preference Services to ensure that those who choose not to receive specific types of communication don’t have to.
Be fair & reasonable
- We will treat donors and the public fairly, showing sensitivity and adapting our approach depending on your needs.
- We will take care not to use any images or words that intentionally cause distress or anxiety.
- We will take care not to cause nuisance or disruption to the public.
Be accountable & responsible
- We will manage our resources responsibly and consider the impact of our fundraising on our donors, supporters and the wider public.
- If you are unhappy with anything we’ve done whilst fundraising, you can contact us to make a complaint. We will listen to feedback and respond appropriately to compliments and criticism we receive.
- We will have a complaints procedure, a copy of which will be available on our website or available on request.
- Our complaints procedure will let you know how to contact the Fundraising Regulator in the event that you feel our response is unsatisfactory.
- We will monitor and record the number of complaints we receive each year and share this data with the Fundraising Regulator on request.