If you are a journalist, you can reach our press office on 01905 755977 or by emailing your enquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org. We are happy to provide quotes and case studies where possible.
Facts about Leukaemia
• Leukaemia is the 12th most common form of cancer and 12th biggest cancer killer.
• Every year, 10,000 people are diagnosed with leukaemia in the UK.
• Every year, 5,000 people die from leukaemia in the UK.
• Every year 6,000 people in the UK will be diagnosed with conditions that may develop into leukaemia, including myelodysplastic syndromes (MDS) and myeloproliferative neoplasms (MPN).
• Over 50,000 people are living with leukaemia in the UK.
• There are 34,000 people living with MDS or MPN in the UK.
Find out more about Leukaemia and some of the main types by clicking here.
For over 50 years, we have been dedicated to ensuring that everyone affected receives the best possible diagnosis, information, advice, treatment and support. We are here for everyone affected by leukaemia and related blood cancer types – such as myelodysplastic syndromes (MDS) and myeloproliferative neoplasms (MPN). We believe in improving lives and being a force for change. To do this, we have to challenge the status quo and do things differently.