The fund opens in April each year and awards are distributed on a first-come, first-served basis until the fund is depleted for the year.
What we will fund
- Maximum award of £200.
- Grants cannot be applied for retrospectively. This fund is available for leukaemia patients that are currently undergoing treatment, chronic lymphocytic leukaemia (CLL) patients on ‘watch and wait’, or chronic myeloid leukaemia (CML) patients in the first year of treatment-free remission (TFR).
- Grant can be used towards bus tickets, train tickets, fuel, car maintenance, parking and taxi fares.
- One grant per family.
- You must be a patient with a diagnosis of leukaemia, or a parent, sibling, child or spouse of a patient.
- You must be seeking funding for travelling to/from hospital.
- You must be a resident of the UK.
How to apply
- Please complete the application form below and return to email@example.com or via post to FREEPOST RLXX-RJRA-ACRH, Leukaemia Care, One Birch Court, Blackpole East, Worcester, WR3 8SG.
- Please enclose a copy of a letter from your consultant confirming your diagnosis – scan and/or photocopies are acceptable.
- If you have any queries about the fund or how to complete the application form, please call the Leukaemia Care helpline on 08088 010 444 and ask to speak with Fiona Heath.
Please note: This fund has currently been exhausted. If more funding becomes available, we shall reopen this scheme.
You can find out more about why we’ve set up the Hospital Travel Fund by reading the results of our Living with Leukaemia survey here.