Here at Leukaemia Care, we are committed to enhancing patient care through supporting nurses caring for blood cancer patients by providing bursaries towards:
- learning and development activities such as post-graduate university study or professional short courses.
- attending relevant conferences and seminars, including Leukaemia Care nurse conferences.
Bursaries are available from January each year and are distributed on a first-come, first-served basis until the fund is depleted for the year.
Items eligible for funding
- Fees for relevant post-graduate courses or professional short courses.
- Delegate fees for relevant conferences and seminars e.g. British Society of Haematology, EBMT etc.
- Travel costs for relevant conferences and seminars but not taxis or mileage.
- Accommodation costs, e.g. for attending conferences.
- Child care costs where these are additional costs incurred while undertaking learning and development activities.
Items not eligible for funding
- Membership fees for professional bodies.
- IT equipment or software.
- Meals and subsistence.
- Taxis or car mileage, unless there is a medical or other compelling reason.
- You must be a nurse currently registered in the UK.
- You must be working predominantly with blood cancer patients, either adults or children.
- Previous recipients of a Leukaemia Care bursary (including those awarded under our previous partnership with the RCN Foundation) are eligible to apply only if they have fulfilled all the terms of their previous bursaries and submitted their reports in a timely manner.
- First time applicants may be given priority.
- Student nurses are not eligible to apply to this scheme.
- Your course of study must start within one year of being awarded a bursary.
Bursaries of up to £1,250 are available and are paid directly to the training or conference provider on receipt of an invoice. Travel costs will be reimbursed on production of receipt.
How to apply
- Please complete the application form below and return to email@example.com or via post to FREEPOST RLXX-RJRA-ACRH, Leukaemia Care, One Birch Court, Blackpole East, Worcester, WR3 8SG.
- If you have any queries about the bursary or how to complete the application form, please call the office on 01905 755977 and ask to speak with Fiona Heath.