But are you Leukaemia Care’s hard-working Apprentice, or an Entrepreneur in your own right?
Our Apprentices aim to raise £250-£700, a great option for smaller schools. Our Entrepreneurs aim to raise £700 and over, perfect for larger schools.
We can provide certificates in thanks for your fundraising, so everyone knows how much of a star you are!
But wait, does that sound like a lot of money?
Don’t worry, hitting your target is much easier than you think.
For example, if your school has 700 pupils and all of them brought in £1 for a non- school uniform day, that would mean you’ve already hit £700!
What we offer
There are lots of ways we can help you kick start your fundraising.
One option is an assembly, where one of our Community Fundraisers can come along and outline what blood cancer is, how it affects people, and how fundraising can help.
We can do presentations outlining events they can organise and how to get the most out of fundraising.
We can also supply you with:
Leukaemia Care branded t-shirts, collecting tins and boxes, bucket labels, balloons and stickers
If you’d like banners and posters, we can help design those too! Banners are 1.2m long x 29.7cm wide, and posters are A4 in size.
What can your school do?
Stuck for ideas? We’re here to help!
To get started, why not really embrace ‘The Apprentice’ theme and challenge your students to turn £5 into £30, or £10 into £50?
For example: you could buy baking ingredients with £5, whip up some cakes, and then sell them on to double your profits.
Encourage them to get creative and use the ideas listed below to help them. Get stuck in!
- Bake sale
- Dress-up day – could be for Halloween or other holidays
- Guess how many jelly beans (or other sweets) are in the jar
- Loose change collection
- Non-school uniform day
- Sponsored sleepover – have a pyjama day or have a real sleepover at the school
- Disney day
- Grow your own – plant seeds in a pot, grow your plant and sell it on
- A raffle
- Sponsored car wash
- Cooking or baking competition – charge an entry fee
- Perfect picnic – host a school picnic this summer with games and events talent show – charge an entry fee
- General knowledge quiz – charge an entry fee
- Art with a heart – design your own art in class then sell it on
- Sponsored Sports Day
- The Apprentice – challenge your students to turn £5 into £30 in a week Book sale – get students, teachers and parents to donate books, then hold a book sale. Any leftover books can be kept for the library
- Disco – charge an entry fee
- Head shave – brave the shave
- Tea towels – create your own to sell on
- Instadown Day – give up your phone for the day! Encourage pupils to leave their phone at home and bring in a £1 donation
- Blood Cancer Awareness Month – spotty non-school uniform da
- ‘I’m a teacher, get me out of here!’ – charge pupils a fee to dare their teachers to take on class-tucker trials
Want to get your colleagues at the school involved? Here are a few ideas.
- Guess the baby – bring in your baby photos and staff have to guess who is which baby. Charge an entry fee or charge per wrong guess
- Sponsored challenges – wear silly outfits or dye your hair a crazy temporary colour, what ever you do is sure to amuse the students!
- Staff vs pupils football game
- Old school day – dress as a teacher from another century
- Moaning jar – pay a fine every time you moan