To get your students involved, we’ve created a fun superhero format that should spur them on and give them a real sense of purpose in their fundraising.
But are you Leukaemia Care’s trusty sidekick, or a superhero in your own right?
Our sidekicks aim to raise £250-£700, a great option for primary schools or smaller schools.
Our superheroes aim to raise £700 and over, perfect for secondary schools or larger schools.
We can provide certificates in thanks for your fundraising, so everyone knows how much of a hero you are!
But wait, does that sound like a lot of money?
Don’t worry, hitting your target is much easier than you think.
For example, if your school has 700 pupils and all of them brought in £1 for a non- school uniform day, that would mean you’ve already hit £700!
How we can support your school fundraising
There are lots of ways we can help you kick start your fundraising.
One option is an assembly, where one of our Community Fundraisers can come along and outline what blood cancer is, how it affects people, and how fundraising can help.
This can be done in a variety of ways to fit the school. For primary schools, ‘Miss LC Incredible’ can take the assembly and encourage them to be fundraising sidekicks or superheroes like her. For secondary schools, we can do presentations outlining events they can organise and how to get the most out of fundraising.
We can also supply you with:
Leukaemia Care branded t-shirts, collecting tins or cardboard boxes (perfect for popping into book bags) and much more.
If you’d like banners and posters, we can help design those too! Banners are 1.2m long x 29.7cm wide, and posters are A4 in size.
What can you do?
Stuck for ideas? We’re here to help! So, get your fun faces on and your idea hats out.
Feel free to interchange these ideas and do what suits your school!
- Bake sale
- Dress-up day – could be for Halloween or other holidays
- Guess how many jelly beans (or other sweets) are in the jar International Day – dress up as your favourite flag
- Loose change collection
- Non-school uniform day
- Sponsored sleepover – have a pyjama day or have a real sleepover at the school
- Disney day
- Grow your own – plant seeds in a pot, grow your plant and sell it on Colouring competition – charge an entry fee
- A raffle
- Perfect picnic – host a school picnic this summer with games and events talent show – charge an entry fee
- General knowledge quiz – charge an entry fee
- Art with a heart – design your own art in class then sell it on
- Sponsored Sports Day
- The Apprentice – challenge your students to turn £5 into £30 in a week
- Book sale – get students, teachers and parents to donate books, then hold a book sale. Any leftover books can be kept for the library
- Disco – charge an entry fee
- Head shave – brave the shave!
- Tea towels – create your own to sell on
- Instadown Day – give up your phone for the day! Encourage pupils to leave their phone at home and bring in a £1 donation
- Blood Cancer Awareness Month – spotty non-school uniform day
- ‘I’m a teacher, get me out of here!’ – charge pupils a fee to dare their teachers to take on class-tucker trials
We hope you’ve enjoyed this information and that you’ll join our Superhero team!
We are grateful for all the support we receive, no matter how big or small, and if you take the plunge, you’ll be one step closer to helping anyone affected by blood cancer.
So, join us today and do something super for those in need.